December 7, 2012

Never say never


This is one of my favourite quotes in the world, particularly because I've recently seen things that startled me, felt things I've never felt before and met people with a different point of view.  I've fallen in love with the feeling of having everything turned upside down and having any preconceptions thrown out of the window. I'm a firm believer in 'never say never' and yet...I said never sometimes without realising it: 

"I'll never be that person..."
"I'd never do that..."
"Never in a million years would that happen..."
"I could never understand that!"

Screw never. 
The only certainty in life is that there is no certainty and you NEVER know what the day may bring. You never know who you may meet, what conversation you may have, what feelings you may develop, or what seeds may be planted in your mind that will never leave. 
You never know whether you'll wake up a healthy person, whether those you love will still be by your side at the end of the day or whether you'll be the same person tomorrow as you were today. 
Life throws us curve balls  in the form of people, places, ideas and new experiences which shake us up so much that we'll never be the same again.

From now on the only 'never' I'll believe in is to never take anything for granted, never let an opportunity pass you by, never lose sight of what you want, never stop learning, never give up on love and happiness and never, ever give up hope on the dream of making this world a better place.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig